I went clubbing again last night. Determined to be relaxed and looking like someone that you could just come up to and start chatting/and/or dancing with. I did not succeed completely but close enough.
I did succeed completely in several other areas though. Meeting someone new: check, actually talking and starting to get to know him: check, getting a number: check.
It was actually a really interesting story and involves another of those girls that come out of no where and you suddenly end up dancing with this guy. This time however, I know exactly what happened I did get his name (obviously as I do have his number now) and I know a few things about him.
He's really cute, a little taller than me with sandy blond hair and blue eyes. Thin but in that 'I'm one solid muscle' way. He was shy at first, but after a song or two he really relaxed and turned out to be a really sweet guy.
These are all the reasons this could end up being very good. But there may be one or two problems.
He was tipsy. I wouldnt have known if he hadn't told me, but there you go. I always told myself that I wouldnt date a guy that drank, and I'm not sure if I should revise that rule slightly. It's not like he was so drunk he was another person than he normally is. I'm pretty sure (Could be wrong) that drink starts to affect your balance before it does anything serious with your personality, and his balance was definetly better than mine last night.
He tells me that its not a regular thing for him, just that he wouldnt "have the courage to dance with anyone" without it. Which given how shy he was at the begining of the night, I can believe it. He was tipsy before he got there.
Also, he gets points for being honest and up-front with me. We sat down at one point and he asked me if I was under the influence of anything. I gave him the obvious answer: "No, I get into enough trouble without that kinda stuff" He looked a little suprised, but he got over it and asked if I minded that he was a little tipsy. Being that he was being perfectly respectful and not at all "I'm horny lets get it on" I told him that I didnt mind. Like I said though, I'm not entirely sure if I can date him because of it.... maybe going over the top?
The second problem is that its a possibility that he does other stuff, all his friends were smokers, who after they realized that A: I wasnt breathing, and B: that I can't handel cigarrette smoke; very politely moved down wind and did what they could to avoid blowing any my direction. Very considerate people. He (We'll call him ryan) didnt smoke with them though, even before he found out my aversion, which means its possible he doesnt smoke. Right?
One of the best parts of the whole thing though, is that he's easy to just be with. Half the time we were just sitting on one of the couches, just sitting together, he put an arm around my shoulder. Didn't even really talk. It's nice to be able to just be with someone without filling the silence with needless chatter.
Oh! I also talked to the girl who intorduced me to 'mystery' boy last time, she says that he wants my number so I gave it to her and I guess we'll see what happens there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment