Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Real Deal: a reason.

Ok, I've decided to take a new path to approaching life. This blog will hopefully help me achieve such an end. Due to a few reasons, (one being that blogger no longer matches my old blog with the address and password combo) I have started this entirely new blog.
In the past, I've been reclusive, cryptic and down right secretive. Well looking at how things are currently... I've decided that maybe thats not the way to do it. At least not anymore. The path before me is one that terrifies and and energizes me in a way that I have never before encountered. Now it is my goal to endeavor to allow the parts of me that have always been kept hidden in some dark corner of my mind to experience the light. We'll see how it all goes! Hopefully this will also serve as a means of communication between myself and those that know me personally. A place where I can tell them things that I would otherwise be incapable of telling them. I'm really hoping this all works out the way I want it to.


Now that that is out of the way... For those that are stumbling upon this blog and know nothing of the old one: I volunteer coach for my old highschools swim team. Tommorrow is Region, oh goody! I started to remember why I disliked this time of year a few weeks ago, when the sudden urge to do away with the larger portion of the team struck. Its been six long months of struggle, here in Utah swim season is the longest of all sports. Six months. My view, (after having surrvived now five years of it.) is that anyone who can stick out doing a full body workout for two hours a day for six months deserves some serious recognition.
Not many people realize that swimming is such a difficult sport, but then again not many can even pretend to do the dolphin kick much less a fully fledged butterfly. Yes six months straight is difficult, but thats not even the half of it.
Six months of putting up with the same six or seven people for two hours a day... crowded around you all trying to hear the coach over the roar of the ventilation (My team swims in a bubble, meaning that it converts to an outdoor pool in the summer.) dealing with that same kid who comes twenty minutes after workout starts and wants to lead the lane because he's faster for a few minutes.... putting up with any number of annoying habits and personality traits THATS the hard part. Adding the fact that maybe your a first year swimmer and may just have a little bit of insecurity in your body image meaning that your half naked around people you might just want to date for two hours a day, in close quarters... rough.
But tommorrow it all ends. At least for the JV. (well it might not, there are a few that if they are in the zone will make it to state) Oh! It wont be the happy ending your all thinking of though! Nope, it will be a day full of stress to the max! Kids panicking that they dont know a stroke well enough or maybe just barely realizing that hey I slacked off all year and now I need to do a hundred yards freestyle in under a minute...
It'll be sooooo much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment