Some of my friends from highschool found me again recently. Under charges of being antisocial they abducted me friday night. (The night before Singles Awarness day) Where did they take me? What do they do with me? They took me clubbing.
Initially I was rather... nervous about the whole idea. Me+unknown territory+large groups of unknown people= a very skittish and nervous me.
But well there are some really weird things that happen at clubs apparently. Like the tendency to run into other people you went to highschool with, who just happen to have brought along a friend or two.
Then there are the people that you have no clue who they are that simply appear out of no where. Like this one:
I was kinda sorta dancing, not with anyone in particular, just hangin with some people I already knew. This Hispanic girl comes out of no where! She just walked right up to me and starts going: "You too shy! You need to dance! C'mon its easy you just gotta move you body with the beat." and starts dancing with me. Next thing I know she's somehow managed to pivot me and back me up against one of the guys that one of my highschool friends had introduced me too. It was kinda funny if a bit unnerving. After a few seconds she said "You guys are beautiful!" Laughed and disapeared just as suddenly as she appeared.
The really sad part about this whole thing is that... the guy she made me dance with was apparently "Diggin" me. I didnt notice, until after we left and my abducters pointed it out to me. I feel kinda stupid I didnt even really catch his name, and we didnt really talk much; but he did follow me if I moved. Totally didnt even see it. He had the unfortunate abillity to make me feel completely at ease with him instantly. So I didnt really see him. Sad.
Just before we left I managed to really loosen up and start enjoying myself. This is about the time I got dragged up onto the stage by my friends. Which may just be the reason I did relax, suddenly I was performing. I had a blast, saved my friend from some bizzarre drunk guy. He was kinda hot, but drunk. Complete turn off for both of us. So I stole my friend and we danced.
Down side to this whole thing is that now I'm having some issues not bursting into dance when I hear a decent beat... I think I'd forgotten how much I loved dance in highschool. And having been able to dance with people that I may actually be interested in was very nice. I wanna go again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment