Thursday, September 24, 2009

A definite relapse

So... I have decided something. I have decided that I no longer believe perfect attendance is worth Tuesdays at school. Thursdays are barely tolerable.
First and second term students were combined for two classes, Strategies For Success and Hydrotherapy.
The first is interesting enough, or would be if it wasnt all stuff I had heard before. The second should be fascinating. Emphasis on should.
The main problem I have is that the people that just started... well they are driving me crazy. Most of them are older than I am. (In fact I'm third from youngest in the whole program) In fact several of them are nearly ten years older than I am.
So would someone please explain to me why I feel like I'm in high school again?! Hmmmm?
Example of my frustration: Some agency takes the clothing food and shelter of a child in an isolated tribe residing in the Amazon. To be fair they also take the computer video games and cell phone of an American child from Miami.
Now, after the point is made that since the kid lives/grew up in the Amazon he probably has the work ethic to just go into the forest jungle... whatever and start gathering food and supplies to make a new shelter, this girl goes on a tangent about how the little kid from the Amazon has it off soooo much worse; because they took all his food and you cant survive without food.
To put stuff in prespective let me also inform you that she says, at least once a day "Well in my religon." Sometimes the rest of us think we are in church again.
OH! Our anatomy books also happen to contain entirely anatomically correct illustrations of the human body. Of both the male and female varities (Soo didnt spell that right I dont think) and she and another girl (Both of these people are over 25 and one is married probably a mother) make the comment that you dont need to watch a rated "R" movie, you can just open your anatomy book. ...... Someone shoot me now?
I say this with all honesty, we can be talking about manifesting what we want... and she'll bring up Job. Not to mention that they are studying to go into a field where lo and behold they deal with peoples flesh and blood bodies! *Gasps in Horror* Can you imagine the trauma of working on a mans glutts??!
Combine the above with the fact that school consists of one class which lasts two hours on Tuesdays.... I'm no longer convinced my sanity would hold up to perfect attendance. Its the same problem I had during highschool... Someone save me?

No comments:

Post a Comment