Thursday, May 14, 2009

Incoming

Well, its almost memorial day. Possibly the busiest holiday on my calendar. Yes, the weather is coming back to its senses and warming up, which of course means its time to get the pool ready to go.
All winter long its just sat there, completely empty and left alone. Abandoned.
You can imagine how much cleaning there is to be done. I spent two days cleaning out the office by itself. The one room I thought would be semi clean, as it has no food stuffs stored there at all and it is in no way left open to the elements. I was so very very wrong. The counters needed to be wiped down three times before the rag stopped coming away black. I'm not even going to talk about the windows.
Concessions was a beast, is being a beast to clean. Someone forgot to air out all the freezers before winter. They were all moldy, the counters had the same problem as the office. Birds have nested in the window cover thing.... we have a little more than a week left and we havent even started on the deck or locker rooms yet.
Gotta love busy season right?
Todd is of course not very pleased with all of this. He wanted to take a roadtrip with me and a few other friends down to Vegas and back. Yeah thats not happening. I kind of wish it was, but at the same time I'm really excited for summer to be here and to be busy out of my mind. Yet, I want to still have time to spend with Todd, I only get to see him once a week as is, and its rough on both of us. I officially would not be able to handle a true long distance relationship. I'm a little to clingy for that.
Also, I'm really hoping that it doesnt rain on us for opening day. It was a real drag last year and it is just so incredibly cruel for the weather to do that to us. Especially after all the effort it takes to get the stupid thing up and running. So my weather wish for March 23: some clouds a good breeze and 100 degrees. (Hopefully wishing for the triple digits will give us at least 80 or 90 right?)

1 comment:

  1. Dude, first off GROSS! Second, I love that you describe the weather as coming back to its senses, that is awesome! Third, I don't remember the weather on March 23, so I don't know if you got your wish :)! But I doubt it was 100 degrees! Smile!

    ReplyDelete