So, I really need to write here more often. Alas I fear life has moved somewhat suddenly in unexpected ways. I'm not going to lie, I wanted, hoped, and dreamed about a todd-like situation occuring. I just wasnt expecting it, or that I would get swept away by it.
There are a couple of things I wasnt expecting dreaming or hoping when I thought about this situation.
For one I didnt even have the notion that my first relationship would be a semi long distance one. He lives a half-hour away for crying out loud. Thats by speeding on the freeway on a good day by the way. So I only get to see him once a week. Depressing it most definetly is. But I suppose that perhaps in its way its good for us. Maybe.
I also wasnt expecting to date somebody that was just getting his feet back under him. I had always thought older and probably better off than I. Maybe even getting started in his career you know?
Oh, I spent the weekend down at his place recently. (I was trying to avoid what I had thought would be a fire and brimestone filled one at home, it should have been but apparently wasnt) Anyway, Sunday his sister called and said she was up from down south and had one of his Foutons. She wanted to come over and see him not to mention get rid of the Fouton. He did however ask her if she would be comfortable meeting his boyfriend; aka: me.
Part of me says that I should be kinder in my initial judgment of this particular sister. However, I dont know that I want to or that it would be practical. He asked if she would be comfortable with it and she told him that she'd rather come around when I wasnt around: "You know... I do... *sigh* I do mind actually. I dont want to be rude though and make him leave or whatever... But I'd really rather not have him there."
Ok, honey you've known he is gay for at least a year. Second, you dont want to be rude; but you cant handle meeting someone that is (Hopefully, probably) important to your brother? Tell me how thats not rude and at leas somewhat rejectful.
Honestly, I think she's a bitch....
I would have felt differently if she had been like "I guess I could do that but I dont know if I can handle any touchy feely stuff between you two." Or something to that effect. But flat out refusing to be civil and semi accepting of your brother in the same breath? Gah. I hate Utah some days.
We actually started playing computer games and lost track of time, resulting in his sister showing up at the door just moments before I headed out. What do we do? He takes her back out to her car to get the thing and I sneak out behind them.
I'm not sure how else I'm supposed to feel about her.
Oh, and I got a new computer. I really like it. However, I will never update windows messenger ever again. It caused some serious issues that took like two days of work to fix, and then I had to reinstall all my games; which took like another 9 hours. But other than that its been smooth sailing.
Also, one of the grils form the High school team has asked me to write her a letter of recomendation for sophemore class officer. I told her that she would be better off finding someone else, but she said she couldnt find anyone else to do it. So I'll do that... tommorrow I guess. Oh the twisted and convulted paths that have lead to this mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmmm...sad to say but I agree with you there on the not liking her part. I guess technically more understanding is good, but eh "get over it already" is pretty much my view on that type of response. People really should realize that they are being ridiculous and hurtful. Its not like that doesn't at least hurt her brother (not to mention everyone else involved), just because she is having her own problems; not willing to even try is just mean. *steps off her soapbox*
ReplyDelete