Well, Pride was exellent! Its the first time I've been to it, and yeah I totallly missed the parade, but thats ok, I still got my fill.
Mostly it was just booths and people dressed in every colorful way one could imagine. I was a cheapy though, I just bought a rainbow necklace and that was the extent of my color. I also found Aviator sunglasses for ten bucks. I almost bought them. I was rather tempted to tell my brother (who is well... a bigot) that I found them. He loves Aviators and is always complaining that he cant find them to save his life, so going saying "Oh yeah I got them at Gay Pride, for ten bucks." had a certain appeal to me!
Also, I've decided to chace a dream that I've nursed in semi secrecy for years. I'm going to try and build a career out of freelance writting. Its already proven to be extrodinarily research intensive, but I'm hoping that it will take less once I actually break out into the print world. But right now I've got to figure out what markets to target and where to get my start and all sorts of other stuff... I'm actually a little overwhelmed by all the reading I've been doing over the past three days.
But I think I'm ready to start preping a few submissions. We are about to see what we shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment