Saturday, June 6, 2009

As birthdays go...

Last night was definetly one of the best birthdays that I have ever had! For the first time since I got a job I didnt have to work, so I was actually able to just relax and stuff. Then there's Pride Week, and other good news on the boy front.
During the Clinton administration June was LGBT pride month. Essentially Black history month for gays. President Bush discontinued the practice, however President Obama has revived it. So I'm told that celebrations this year are a bit more than they have for the past eight years or so.
There were so many people at the club last night, it was absolutely amazing! You couldnt help but bump people, even if you were just walking... especially if you were just walking.
It was so nice to see so many people out and about who could relate to your story. I think thats something most people on the outside dont realize: all LGBT people share a few basics in their stories that go beyond 'normal' commonalities with the rest of the world. Nearly every last one of us has dealt with both the fear and the reality of rejection. Not just from that special someone, but the world as a whole. That brings on a whole other basket of thorns. Depression, isolation feeling as if you are alone in a world that is only waiting for one slip on your part; the wrong word the wrong motion, hesitation. Thats all it would take to send this alien murderous world crashing down around you. To end you.
So yeah, it was really nice to see people who have the same story, even if they differ in infinite variation. Only the names, dates and places change. The story is the same across the board however.
On a very different note: I need to find something to do when guys I dont know tell me I'm hot. Normally I just smile and blush or something to the same affect. Its easier to know what to do when they just imply it. Like when someone handing out condems walks over and hands you a baggie of them and says "I think you'll need this later sweetie." (That actually sent me into a laughing fit, but judging by the smile on his face that was an acceptable response)
Also, the best news of the whole night. Todd called me a few minutes before I went out to the club. Some of it I already knew, like the fact that he still had feelings for me. The real suprise of the call was and I quote: "I love you, and I'll give it all up for you." What do you say to that? I mean really what do you do with that? Pretty sure I almost cried... while laughing hysterically. He wants me to give him a little bit of time to sober up, and when he's been sober for a few weeks he's going to ask me out again. So I guess we'll see what we see.
Secretly though, I'm still not sure how long it'll last, but... I'll take whatever time I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment